No Orange Hair! A Guide to Bleaching & Correcting
We recommend Consult a professional!
* *FOR PEOPLE NOT ALLERGIC TO HAIR COLORANTS. Although the risk of developing new allergy is reduced, there remains a risk of allergic reaction that can be severe. Always ask your stylist to perform an allergy alert test 48 hours before each coloration. Strictly follow safety instructions
Please do a strand test!!! It will give you guidance on timing. Please follow manufactures directions!!!! It will greatly impact results.
For the best result, bleach your curls again following two weeks to turn orange to yellow. You know, neutralizing yellow is easier. After that, use a box dye that has the ash blonde color to the hair color lighter.
– Purchase an ash blonde box coloring, a developer, and a decent bleaching powder.
– Blend the developer (1) and bleach (2).
– Apply it
– Let it be on the hair for 30 minutes.
– Rinse the hair
– After 48 hours, apply the box dye.
below the chart of contributing pigment. So in general, a dark brunette will need to leave the bleach on for longer than a light brown in order to get to the desired yellow stage.
It’s also important to understand that in general, the bleach result is not the end goal. It’s cleaning out the color so you can apply another color (usually a semi or demi-permanent) on top to finish the look. We remove the darker color so you can apply the lighter color on top of the bleached hair. To note, lightened blonde hair has yellow as the underlying pigment, and for lightened brown/black hair the underlying pigment would be yellow as well.
As an example from the chart below, if you want to be a Medium Blonde (7), you would lighten your hair to Yellow Orange. And then put the Medium Blonde shade on top of it.
People also asked
When should I start timing my hair color application?
Set your timer as soon as you've finished applying your hair color.
Can I use my own conditioner instead of the conditioner in the hair color box?
You can do what you like, but we recommend the conditioner in the box as it has been specifically developed for use with hair color to help create softness and shine.